We provide full lameness work ups to help localize lameness. The exam includes:
- Trotting on hard and soft ground
- Nerve Blocks
- Hoof test
- Radiographs (if necessary)
- Full physical
-Complete lameness work up
- Radiographs (as many as required)
We have developed several protocols for injecting the joint of your horse. We also have injectable joint supplements that can be given monthly to help increase the health of your horses joints.
Dental health is very important, we recommend that horses 3 years and older have their teeth checked regularly. We provide:
- Full dental exams
- Wolf tooth extraction
- Extensive floats to remove sharp edges and maintain proper alignment
- X-rays and extractions of broken and abscessed teeth.
Vaccinations and Deworming
Every horse is different and may require a different vaccine/deworming protocol. Please contact the clinic so we can get your horse on the right vaccine and deworming program.
> Vaccines we offer:
- Calvenza EIV/EHV: equine influenza and rhinopneumontitis (Flu&Rhino)
- Vetera EWT/WNV: eastern\western encephalomyelitis, tetnus and west nile
- Vetra Gold: eastern/western encephalomyelitis, tetnus, west nile and rhinopneumontitis
- Phneumabort: Rhino
- Strangles Vaccine
Note: For full protection horses being vaccinated for the first time will require a booster in 3-4 weeks
Common surgeries include:
- Castrations both normal and cryptorchid
- Umbilical hernia repair
- Removal of various skin nodules and masses
- Eye nucleation
All three large animal veterinarians are accredited to pull blood and perform export exams to export equine. Please ensure you allow ample time when book your appointment to give our staff time to complete the paperwork.
Dr. Jasmine Duff has extensive experience in equine reproduction and neonatal care.
- Preg checking/ ultra sounding
- Stallion Collections
- Mare breeding services
- Synchronizing mares
- Flush mares
- Short cycling mares
- Twin Reduction (Have to see mares within 14-16 days post breeding)
- Foaling assistance
- Neonatal care and assistance
- IGg tests for foals
- Plasma transfusions for foals
Call for more information to book your appointment today!